What to do if tplink router can’t get WAN parameters from modem?
After making configurations for your TP-Link device you may find that there is no WAN IP address showing on router’s status page. After that, you will need to go for following steps.
Cross Check the Connections Between your TP-Link Router and Modem
- Your network modem is not connected to your TP-Link router if you are receiving message like “WAN Port is Unplugged”.
- You have to plug in the physical connections once again.
Try to Clone MAC Address for your Computer System
You can also cloning the MAC address for your computer system.
- Make login access to TP-Link router configurations page and select “MAC Clone” under “Network” option.
- Click on option “Clone MAC Address”.
- MAC address of your computer will clone for your router MAC address.
Try to Power Cycle your TP-Link Router and Modem
- Remove power supply for your TP-Link WiFi router and Modem for few seconds.
- First provide power supply to your router and after few seconds, provide power supply to your modem.